IFU_Alpha_Sc1-mech_GB.fm Page 8 Wednesday, March 30, 2005 6:52 PM
CLEANING THE FOREIGN BODY TRAP
The washing machine is provided with a self-cleaning
pump. The foreign body trap keeps objects like buttons,
coins, safety-pins etc. which have been left in the laundry.
1. Unplug the washing machine.
2. Open the foreign body trap cover with a coin.
3. Place a bowl beneath it.
4. Turn the foreign body trap slowly anti-clockwise until
the grip is vertical; do not remove it as yet.
5. Wait until all the water has drained out.
6. Now unscrew the foreign body trap completely and
7. Remove any foreign items from the foreign body trap.
8. Make sure the pump impeller (in the housing behind
the foreign body trap) is not obstructed.
9. Insert the foreign body trap again and screw it
fully down in a clockwise direction to the stop
(until the grip is horizontal).
10. Pour 0.5 litres of water into the machine via the drum
and check that water does not leak from the foreign
11. Close the foreign body trap cover.
12. Reconnect the washing machine.
Check the foreign body trap if the washing machine is not
draining correctly or if it fails to perform spin cycles.
The machine has safety device which stops the washing
machine before each filling when water was not removed
completely from the tub in previous part of washing
Check the foreign body trap regularly, two or three times
a year and clean it if necessary.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the water has cooled before
emptying the foreign body trap.
Black process 45.0° 100.0 LPI