If not used properly this lawnmower can be dangerous! This lawnmower can cause
serious injury to the operator and others, the warnings and safety instructions must be
followed to ensure reasonable safety and efficiency in using this lawnmower. The
operator is responsible for following the warning and safety instructions in this manual
and on the lawnmower. Never use the mower unless the grassbox or guards provided
by the manufacturer are in the correct position.
Explanation of Symbols on the Petrol Wheeled- refuel outdoors only and do not smoke while
- add fuel BEFORE starting the engine. Never
remove the cap of the fuel tank or add fuel while
Warningthe engine is running or when the engine is hot
- if petrol is spilled, do not attempt to start the
engine but move the machine away from the
area of spillage and avoid creating any source of
Read the user instructions carefullyignition until petrol vapours have dissipated
to make sure you understand all the- replace all fuel tanks and container caps
controls and what they do.securely
- move the product away from the fuelling area
Always keep the lawnmower on
the ground when mowing. Tiltingbefore starting
- Fuel should be stored in a cool place away from
or lifting the lawnmower may
cause stones to be thrown out.Preparation
1. Do not mow barefoot or in open sandals. Always
Keep bystanders away. Do not mow
whilst people especially children orwear suitable clothing, gloves, and stout shoes.
2. The use of ear protection is recommended.
pets are in the mowing area.
3. Make sure the lawn is clear of sticks, stones,
bones, wire and debris; they could be thrown by
Beware of severing toes or hands.the blade.
Do not put hands or feet near a4. Before using the machine and after any impact,
rotating blade.check for signs of wear or damage and repair as
Disconnect the spark plug before5. Replace worn or damaged blades together with
attempting any maintenance,their fixings in sets to preserve balance.
cleaning or adjustment, or if you
6. Have faulty silencers replaced.
are going to leave the lawnmowerUse
unattended for any period.1. Do not operate the engine in a confined space
Blade continues to rotate after thewhere exhaust fumes (carbon monoxide) can
machine is switched off. Wait until allcollect.
machine components have completely2. Use the lawnmower only in daylight or good
STOPstopped before touching them.artificial light.
General3. Avoid operating your lawnmower in wet grass,
1. Never allow children or people unfamiliar withwhere feasible.
these instructions to use the mower. Local4. Take care in wet grass, you may lose your
regulations may restrict the age of the operator.footing.
2. Only use the lawnmower in the manner and for5. On slopes, be extra careful of your footing and
the functions described in these instructions.wear non-slip footwear.
3. Never operate the lawnmower when you are6. Mow across the face of slopes, never up and
tired, ill or under the influence of alcohol, drugsdown.
or medicine.7. Exercise extreme caution when changing
4. The operator or user is responsible for accidentsdirection on slopes.
or hazards occurring to other people or their8. Mowing on banks and slopes can be dangerous.
property.Do not mow on banks or steep slopes.
Fuel Safety9. Do not walk backwards when mowing, you could
WARNING - Petrol is highly flammabletrip. Walk, never run.
- Wear protective clothing when handling any10.Never cut grass by pulling the mower towards
fuels and lubricants.you.
- Avoid contact with skin. If affected, wash11.Release the Operator Presence control (OPC) to
liberally with soap and water.stop the engine before pushing the mower
- Remove petrol and engine oil beforeacross surfaces other than grass and when
transporting the product.transporting the lawnmower to and from the area
- Store fuel in a cool place in a containerto be mowed.
specifically designed for the purpose. In general12.Never operate the lawnmower with damaged
plastic containers are unsuitableguards or without guards in place.
ENGLISH - 1