GENERAL CAUTION20 September 1999
4.1.4 LASER UNIT
1. Do not loosen the screws that secure the LD drive board to the laser diode
casing. Doing so will throw the LD unit out of adjustment.
2. Do not adjust the variable resistors on the LD unit, as they are adjusted in the
3. The polygon mirror and F-theta mirror are very sensitive to dust.
4. Do not touch the glass surface of the polygon mirror motor unit with bare
4.1.5 FUSING UNIT
1. After installing the fusing thermistor, make sure that it is in contact with the hot
roller and that the hot roller can rotate freely.
2. Be careful not to damage the edges of the hot roller strippers or their tension
3. Do not touch the fusing lamp and rollers with bare hands.
4. Make sure that the fusing lamp is positioned correctly and that it does not touch
the inner surface of the hot roller.
4.1.6 PAPER FEED
1. Do not touch the surface of the paper feed roller.
2. To avoid paper misfeeds, the side fences and end fences of the paper tray
must be positioned correctly to align with the actual paper size.
1. The TD sensor initial setting is performed automatically after installing the new
PCU and closing the front cover. Never open the front cover or turn off the main
switch during this time. The main motor stops when the initial setting has
2. The toner bottle should be replaced while the main switch is on.
3. If the optional tray, drum, and optics anti-condensation heaters have been
installed, keep the copier power cord plugged in, even when the copier main
switch is turned off. This keeps the heaters energized.